PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Alan Joyce was wrong choice for Qantas
Old 11th Feb 2011, 22:39
C207

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Master Plan

"When was the last time you saw any advertising on TV for the Qantas brand??? Or the kids choir singing our anthem. Is it any wonder our product is failing? "

This all part of the master plan and is quite intentional. Qf passengers will be transferred to lower cost JQ as quickly as the market will accept and "get use to" the new model. To do this they run QF down while JQ receives all the investment in new AC etc.

Lots of advertising for JQ and none for QF. Note also how fares right now are being raised at QF. This will surely send more to JQ as they increase capacity. especially since our service at qantas has become unreliable with our ailing fleet.

Just a few days ago management achieved yet another Key in this strategy making JQ apart of oneworld allowing codesharing of other airlines on JQ. QF have been carrying these passengers. So in a sense this now allows management to transfer all these Pax (both dom and Int) to JQ.

Jetstar Singapore route deals and oneworld alliance | Upmarket move

And well what do you know.... Jq is now moving up market. So what is QF for?????

Watch more of our A330's disappear to JQ singapore.

Jq was set up to undermine pay and conditions. Lower costs lower standards. This is a bad development for all Australian Pilots

Its sad that this is the way of our industry. Execs at the top are paid top dollar to find clever ways to bring the workers down. Offshore Jobs, undermine contracts, pitting pilot groups against each other. It will have a cost. Airlines in oz will become more and more dysfunctional and the travelling public had better get use to it. We are not alone of course. I just hope Australia is ready for reality that we are in real danger of our first major accident. The safety culture of our industry has been the biggest victim and has been eroded to pay for some execs bonus.

Im a little tired of sitting on Death Row at QF for the last 10 years. Sitting on the flight deck and watching us be surrounded by JQ or jetconnect.... Powerless to do anything about it. Everyone at QF know it. Quite frankly id rather just get on with it... take me out back and give me a bullet. At least id know where i stand. Thats what the "secure our flying" is all about. where damned and this is our last chance. At the end of this we'll finally know what manage think of us and the lies will be over.