PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Somebody else must still love being in the RAF as much as me...
Old 11th Feb 2011, 22:00
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Damn it R.O.G, beat me to it. Ah what the heck.

So then Really Annoyed, just what is your big job around here - straightening chairs, unloading the paper clips when they arrive on a Monday morning. Or just sitting on the sidelines with the other fat wheezy boys and a note from matron excusing you from ops? Either that, or you were chopped from something and still haven't got over it, might explain the bitterness and chips on your shoulders. I don't think I've ever seen anyone consistently post such ill informed and worthless drivel. Either way, I'm not going to insult the REMFs by lumping you in with them.

Oh and by the way the spelling of Taleban or Taliban. Frankly it doesn't make any difference - as explained to me by a linguist in theatre. As far as we are concerned as English speakers, there is no direct translation for the word from Pashto to English, it is more or less a phonetic interpretation. However, for the sake of standardisation, an organisation will use one form of the word or another, as with any other word with multiple spellings. The HQ I work in happens to use Taleban.