PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When will airlines start preparing safety cases?
Old 11th Feb 2011, 19:42
PBL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rigga
Show me a good one.
If you now live in Anglia, I recommend you call up my colleagues at Adelard in London. They have devised plenty of very good safety cases. Whether they have one to show you is likely a matter of your justifiably professional interest.

I am rather surprised, since you have to do with safety cases, that you don't appear to know of them. They provide the software with which most of the MoD safety cases are nowadays prepared.

Originally Posted by PBL
Airworthiness certification is obviously very effective.
If this is so good then why is there a need to have another level of safety bureaucracy inside the airline itself?
Because, as you will know, not speaking entirely from within your hat on safety case matters, operational safety is a different matter from fit-for-purpose certification. I wonder why you even asked the question?

To your comment on WBA:
...a university position and membership of glorious societies does not a perfect solution make!
You imagine you can infer someone's capabilities from their day job? Maybe you can. BTW, I am curious to know which societies I belong to you think are "glorious".

The industrial users of WBA are very happy with it. That's good enough for me (and the tech-transfer company's pocketbook).

I believe that theory emulates the ISO9001 theory of perfection, in that it becomes a beast of horror and self-destruction if allowed to consume more and more effort to achieve the "perfect" status.
How insightful! Can we cite you as a reference?

PBL