PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2011, 18:24
PleasureFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must admit that when the dispute started I was in the process of booking flights that were to take place during the first strike. I therefore booked on Swiss (op BMI) to get to LHR and was gutted when I got to the gate and saw the BA flight I had wanted to book boarding at the next gate along.

All my GVA-LHR flights since then have been on BA and have had wonderful crew on them and spent quite along time talking to pursers about the strike. Who knows, I might have met Betty Girl, Ottergirl, Hula and others and not known it. I will continue to book BA even when/if more strikes are annouced.

In my previous job the union was a branch of Unite, and the difference between how they worked with the Co and the way Bassa work (or not) with BA are so far apart it is unbelievable. The vast majority of Unite people who are on the ground level in various businesses are great people who do their very best. It is unfortunate that Bassa have managed to tar virtually a whole union with their, IMO, bad attitude.