PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2011, 18:02
PBL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, Avenger, you think I am too hard on the speculators and chatterers on this thread. I guess you must enjoy reading this stuff. I don't.

My post is on p7. I pointed out what had been derived on the thread at that point. I pointed to Flight International, which had necessary further information.

Now we are on p14 and there is exactly one important new observation, thanks to Machaca, whose picture confirmed what Skipskatta wondered about on p10.

Meanwhile, there is speculation without end about the status of the ticket agent/carrier and what Manx attitudes to airline business mean. Go ahead by all means, but I would rather it were in a different thread, because there is no evidence that any of that had to do with the accident.

Well, I'll tell you my angle, since everyone else is telling us theirs. People have died violently. In my experience, people who have experienced the sights and smells of violent death do not around speculating on the competence or not of flight crew until enough is known for the accident to be more or less reconstructed. That category includes most people who have investigated accidents. I think if most of the contributors to this thread were to spend a year volunteering for the local fire brigade they wouldn't write the stuff that has appeared here.

One person has even posted a video of an instrument approach into Cork. Guess what? You don't see the runway until you can see the runway, and then you land! Just as thousands of pilots, professional and not, do all over the world every day. Do people on auto forums post videos of their trips to the supermarket?

The point is, Avenger, that there appears to be one group worse than pilots when it comes to eating their own. And that is spotters/hangers-on/aviation-"enthusiasts"/flight-simmers/pseudo-pilots/recent-PPRuNe-accident-thread-contributors. Enough to make one a vegan.

But I do have a tip for anyone else who is as impatient as myself. Should you look for the people who have demonstrated records in contributing information to this forum, such as Machaca and aterpster, and filter absolutely everyone else out, then you will likely get exactly the right information with far less effort.

Last edited by PBL; 11th Feb 2011 at 18:27.