PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2011, 15:01
LD12986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding changing positions on this dispute, I never thought 18 months ago it would still be running today. Clearly, BA will have very accurate information on booking trends, brand perception amongst different external groups etc, but to those with an interest one way or another in the dispute BA seems in no hurry to see a clear resolution and it still appears to be overshadowing the business. Witness the lack of any major brand building marketing for two years.

I guess there are many unknowns.

Would this dispute still be running if BA hadn't withdrawn staff travel from strikers? Would the absence of this sanction have resulted in more staff going on strike? Would BASSA have found another reason to keep the dispute going?

Ditto for disciplinaries. Should they have been parked until after the dispute (appreciate this may have been difficult given some of the cases)?

Would events have taken a different turn if there hadn't been incidents affecting management credibility (T5 opening, price fixing fines) and frustrated crew (poor implementation of IFE system, product cuts/failures etc)? Or are they irrelevant? If WW wasn't CEO would it have been any different?

This dispute just seems to be at an impasse and I see no prospect of an agreed settlement.

BASSA support is dwindling, but at a very slow pace. I guess this will just slowly fizzle out.