PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Directions to Renewing your RTR(P) For those having trouble
Old 11th Feb 2011, 13:57
pier39lab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Directions to Renewing your RTR(P) For those having trouble

I successfully renewed my RTR(P) (Converted from Transport Canada RT). I wasn't given 20 years to live with the RT but 5. You will be lucky if you do.

I spent a lot of time looking for the right form for RTR(P) renewal on the internet and I couldn't find one that easy. As you know, most government websites are the worst in their kind, isn't complicated but they're highly highly disorganized #(*#$(#&#$!!!! Blah blah blah...

Anyway, below is the link to the form (COP23). If the download doesn't work, let me know and I'll find another place to put it.

Download COP23.pdf for free on uploading.com

Directions:
1. Complete the form. You only need to send 2 pages of the form (unless you have a flying job). (The rest is just instructions written by them that is pretty jumbled up and confusing)
Most is self explanatory but here's what you should know of
2. On page 1, For 'Particulars of Certificate(s) of *Competency/Proficiency held by the applicant', you need to write the details of your Indian and Foreign RT
3. Page 2 is where YOU and the Gazetted officer needs to sign.

You need the following: Checklist:
1. Completed form
2. 3 or 4 recent passport sized Photographs

ATTESTED COPIES OF:

3. Indian RT
4. Foreign RT
5. Foreign CPL
6. DGCA CPL
7. Logbook pages that shows 30 hours in the last 3 years.
8. Current Foreign Medical (Hmmm, I'm really not sure if this is a requirement, I get different answers from people but I still sent mine to save myself from hassles)

9. A DD of Rs. 5,000
HAS TO BE from the State Bank Of India, drawn in the name of
"PAO (HQ), DOT, New Delhi" and Payable at "New Delhi"
Branch Code: 7687

Send all the above to:
The Assistant Wireless
Adviser to the Govt. of India, Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing, COP Section,
Department of Telecom, 619, Sanchar Bhawan, 20, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110001.

That's about it.

I got mine in 13 working days flat!

Last edited by pier39lab; 11th Feb 2011 at 15:41.