PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CFMU E-Helpdesk
Thread: CFMU E-Helpdesk
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2011, 12:18
hawker750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flowman
This is a serious issue and I hope that now you have given us the bad news you will not dissappear and not reply and address the issues members on this forum are raising. I will re-iterate what others have said: many GA operators do NOT have access to a computer when they need CFMU help. They are probably sitting in the cockpit with ranting passengers behind them.

GA operators have long suffered from the "airline" aproach taken by Eurocontrol. One of the biggest bugbears is why cannot an aircraft leave early on its flightplan if there is no delay? The answer I have always received is that the "system" was designed that way because "airlines" never want to go early. In GA that is different, our passengers may turn up (without any warning) 1 or 2 hours early. The procedure we are told to follow is "cancel and refile". Fine if you are at a computer. Also the danger of doing that is that by cancelling the original flight plan one may pick up a long delay sometimes even after the first flight plan departure time!! It seems to work in the USA/Canada so why not here so please do not answer this one with "it could not work"

We in GA pay a diproportionate amount in Eurocontrol fees compared to the airlines based on both aircraft weight and passengers carried but we are not being listened to.

Flowman, we do not want to shoot the messenger but PLEASE forward our comments on to those who make the decisions and also please keep contributing to this forum so we can monitor progress (or more likely the lack of it)