PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2011, 11:49
WHBM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I'll leave the technical aspects of this accident to the experts, but might comment on the commercial/organisational aspects.

Firstly I am reminded here of the continuing issues with the main USA commuter carriers, who operate with major airline tickets, aircraft livery, flight numbers (as far as the passengers are concerned), etc, where the total image is that of the major airline, but as soon as an accident happens the PR team have all the press releases ready for a "nothing to do with us" distancing from what has now suddenly become a quite separate airline.....

In this case we have :

A Manx airline (is there a separate registration body for the Isle of Man, as they have their own aircraft registration sequence ?), based in a place which is not part of the European Union.

A flight between two EU states, but operating away from the airline home base.

An aircraft belonging to an operator from a third EU state.

An aircraft type which, I believe, has never been on the registers of the UK or Ireland.

Two crew with different native languages.

I wonder whose insurance they were on, which country's law will apply to that insurance, and which AOC authority does the daily oversight of the operation.