PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2011, 09:46
lesserweevil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it appears to me that most people in this thread are indeed talking s***. Nobody has any idea what happened, whether it was the pilots' fault, the airplane's fault, or just an "Act of God" (!!) nobody will know until the accident investigation is carried out.

Everybody citing the whole "two approaches" thing - wth? I have no idea what Manx2's (or indeed, the operating company in this case) limitations are, but our company SOPs state that you can carry out 2 approaches to one runway (ie 17) and one to the reciprocal end (ie 35). Obviously nobody would do this unless they were pretty sure that they would get in off the third approach.

The approach ban question is valid I suppose, but nobody will know the answer to this question until they officially give it. There is no use all this misinformation being bandied around like it is Fact, giving a company a bad name.

I agree with the idea that all these non-professionals on pprune should at least take a step back and realise how wrong/unwanted/unprofessional their views are.

LW