PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Alan Joyce was wrong choice for Qantas
Old 11th Feb 2011, 09:05
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using a reg to support a safety argument is rubbish
I should have been more specific. I say the Jet is safer due to its performance and technology. Not regs just physics. Not sure what Qlink and REX have to do with this anyway. How are the HUD's going on the SAABs? Isn't it funny how the 73's at QF have the HUD's and the 320's at Jetstar don't. Safety vs Cost. Cost is factored into the technology installed in the purchased aircraft. Optional extras.

I'm talking about LCC and the AJ/BB "managers" that get around cutting costs where ever they can. Is a company whose entire focus is cost cutting likely to invest significantly in training and development? AJ is a low cost manager that belongs in a low cost airline or a cardboard box factory at best. Mismanaged fleet choices, engineering choice stuff ups and then announcing suddenly during an EBA that they are bleeding money.

Recent incident involving a Jq 330 indicates their crew hadn't received the same training as the Qf equivalents.

Let me guess the more experienced a pilot get the more dangerous they re and thus a 200 hr J* cadet would have been better support for the Captain QF32?

Last edited by Mr. Hat; 13th Feb 2011 at 19:40.