PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2011, 08:21
rabcnesbitt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm... To obtain a IATA/ICAO designator, you must have a CAA issued commercial air operator license, which is verified before the designator is awarded. If somehow this is not the case here, I envision a pretty big can of thin wriggly things with the lid slowly rising...

Last time I checked, EU-OPS minimum requirements for a commercial air operator license are the full-time employment of three suitably qualified responsible managers, one each for flight ops, maintenance & safety & security, plus a proof of adequate funding.
I complained about this to the CAA and IATA last year about this but nothing was done. The NM designator I was told was never issued to Manx2 at any stage. Call the CAA in London and ask them. Call IATA and ask them. Manx2 are just a bucket shop with a fancy website.

BTW when a company boss comes to you as a pilot and asks if you can have a look and see it is a euphemism for bust minimums we need this flight to get in. Personally I would have told him to go play with himself but that's me, my pax and crews always walked away from their flights. Keep bending the rules and eventually you get caught out. Is it worth lives?

Again everything is going to the investigators, the local CAAs and the press. These people need not have died.