PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2011, 07:58
rabcnesbitt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not familiar with the complete legal structure of Manx2, but they do operate all their flights under the NM designator, which means that they must have a basic AOC. Otherwise they would have to sell the tickets under the code of their operating partners. The contract is always between the passenger and the airline under whose code the ticket is issued, full stop. Ticket agents are just that - they issue tickets on behalf other airlines, without any legal responsibility, but this does not appear to be the case here.
Now Manx2 do not have an AOC the NM number they use has IATA questioning its system. Manx2 are not an airline, do not have nor ever did have and AOC. Since when did a travel agent get involved with the AAIB?

You can call David Kendrick at the CAA in London and he will tell you.

Wake up and smell the coffee I'm going to open this can of worms and its going to stink big time. I told all the authorities months/years ago that they were an accident looking for a place to happen.

They even got MORs for trying to land at RAF Warton thinking it was Blackpool (3 go-arounds I was told). You have to be blind not to know when you are not at Blackpool - no miniture Eiffel Tower at the end of the runway.

As I said Manx2 can't be done on this but I'm sure they are now busy making sure the books look perfect.

The truth will out!!!!

Here is a tit-bit

thanks for your reply!

Well, I canīt say anything against manx2.com, as they treated me fair all the time...
and I donīt have any information about any unlawfull or questionable operation.

Except...
on my last flight to Belfast they asked me to "look and see" whether an approach would be posible, or not...

It ended up with me shooting the approach without proper WX-information, but with sufficient actual visibility.
As a result of it, I was fired by VanAir!
As far as I see the case, my co-pilot blackmailed me in the company!!
The company was looking for a reason to fire me...
thatīs what another co-pilot told me later!

The getthereitis is endemic.

BTW thanks for the posting lesson.

Also before anyone says anything CAA authorised Post Holder (retired)