PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2011, 07:21
rabcnesbitt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andrasz

BTW can someone tell me how to work this quote system.

On your logic then if you buy your ticket from the Co-op and something happens that the Co-op are responsible. They are not like Manx2 they sold you a ticket on behalf of the carrier.

From Manx2 Ts & Cs

General
Manx2 Ltd. is providing your tickets for this flight booking. We proudly claim to offer great service at competitive prices, and we are constantly looking at ways in which we can improve our service.On behalf of Manx2, Van Air Europe As will be the main operator for flights from the Isle of Man to Blackpool, Belfast City, Galway, Newcastle and Leeds; also between Belfast City & Galway, and Galway to Cork. FLM Aviation will be the main operator for flights from the Isle of Man to Gloucestershire Airport and Cardiff to Anglesey. Flightline BCN will be the main operator for flights from Belfast City to Cork. Please see our terms and conditions for full details or enquire at check in.

So there you have it they are the ticket provider nothing else or so it seems. (Manx2 : Terms and Conditions)

The pilot who was fired was asked by Manx2 to have a look and see if he could get into BHD he did and because the powers that be were doing an investigation he got fired by Vanair.

It is a very sticky situation and the authorities should clarify it and stop the practice of multiple wet leases with AOC support to a non AOC holder. Manx2 have used over 12 airlines since they started.

As for the profit motive yes airlines have to make a profit but not at the expense of safety. Was the Captain pressured into doing the flight? Did he feel some sort of misplaced loyalty or did Manx2 just say do it or your company is going home? Some people are that callus. Money means everything and to hell with everything else.

As I said Manx2 have as much responsibility in Law as Co-op Travel would. But it will all come out in the wash. I'm passing everything I've found out to the investigators and I'll let them interpret it.

Last edited by rabcnesbitt; 11th Feb 2011 at 07:36.