PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2011, 22:09
fanrailuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
macdo is full of s***

A few observations.
1) IT Hols are expensively loaded at CWL.
- but the loads are always very good!
2) Many Welsh holidaymakers go IT from BRS because of this.
- my previous response rules out this
3) TOM stuggle to fill their jets and share with TCX on some routes
- they both share with each other so they can operate certain routes on more than one day a week, as at other airports
4) WW do the same.
- TCX use WW seats so they can use their a/c on medium haul-routes to eastern Europe, again, quite common in this industry
5) TCX couldn't fill the 321 with enough profitable pax so it went to EMA who could.
- the TCX a/c is always well within the 80-100% load factor, apparently the decision on a/c allocation is still to be finalised.
6) Many of our IT customers are unemployed and on benefits. really.
- unemployment is somewhat a higher percentage in south Wales than the UK average so your fact about people travelling to Bristol is rubbish, why pay to travel?
7) Most ventures out of CWL have failed in the last 25 years. (my timeline for CWL)
- hmmm, thats a very long timespan. I think some analyst should look at this before we can make a judgement.
8) The airport management, for all their faults, try to generate new business, but it just ain't there.
- they try, and then can carry on trying (as poo as they are at it), its there - its just trying to get it back there!
9) Unless there is a major turnaround in the Welsh economy in the next 2 years (or less) I can see the IT operators contracting further. Summer only.
- CWL will always be a favourite for charters and low cost summer/domestic routes; loads&yeild are always good, and the network currently there works well for ALL operators
10. Wales had its chance, the Assemby should have built a major new airport with associated hi speed raillinks to th SE/NW/Midlands at the old steel works at Newport.
- this was never going to happen!