PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2011, 20:31
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joao da Silva
Still, if you are happy to preside over a forum that seems to cater for a realtively small core of members, then it is your bat and ball.
No.. I'm not really happy. I loathe this thread, and the whole situation behind it with a passion - reading it and moderating it is a chore - as, for that matter, is the CC Forum thread. The conversation on both threads has become largely self-sustaining - a platform for egos and entrenched opinions. Few of the contributors have changed their position one jot since the beginning of the dispute.

However, I'm not here to dictate what should and should not interest people, however regrettable that may be. As long as people wish to discuss the topic, then they should be able to do so. The moderation on this thread has deliberately been very relaxed for a long time, in recognition of the restrictions on non-airline staff in the CC forum. Any thread that drifts off topic into the wonders of spelling/grammar will get yanked back by the mod in any of the forums.

I don't accept that this thread is driving content away - in fact it is generating traffic to the forum. This forum remains unique on the internet as being a place where passengers can ask questions about the industry of those who actually work in it, as well as the day to day advice that is passed between contributors on a variety of subjects.

I have to say that your post made me a bit cross - It's bad enough having to deal with this stuff daily - Now I'm being criticised for allowing it to happen? Gee but it's hard to win with you guys. As with your TV, there is an OFF button, or you can change channels. If you're unhappy, take a break for a while and come back at another time