PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2011, 16:06
AV Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to the so-called "Brutish Airways" website and noted on the front page an invitation to click on a button to send BA's Chairman a personal email. I quote below in italics the form letter email wording in full:

"I am very concerned that British Airways' reputation and standing are being diminished by the long-running dispute between management and cabin crew.

Over 4000 crew have been punished for taking action to defend themselves against imposition. More than 50 workers have been suspended, most for trivial reasons. And seven crew have been sacked. This is no way for our national carrier to do business. Since this dispute started last year, millions of pounds have been lost to the company. Settling it now will cost nothing.

Please bring back the world's favourite airline.

Yours sincerely"

Note in the Union's own words my bolded number which, assuming the punishment is referring to the loss of ST, rather suggests that BA's figures of ~4900 dwindling to ~4300 striking CC would be correct and the Union's insistence of "over 7000 claiming strike pay", etc, appears to be as inaccurate as its current membership records.

I'll not mention the incorrect use of the apostrophe

Last edited by AV Flyer; 10th Feb 2011 at 16:24.