PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers charged £300 a seat to be evacuated out of Cairo
Old 10th Feb 2011, 15:19
LH2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rico 25
Am I the only one who thinks that it is wrong for airlines to operates into politically unstable hotspots
No. Not at all. Plenty of other people live sheltered lives too.

or am I going to be beaten down by self-righteous tossers who tell me that everything is alright?
Are you offering?

Now please cue in comment about how Foreign Office (and their equivalents in other countries) issue politically motivated announcements, and how many areas you are probably familiar with are objectively speaking far less safer than the places you see on the news (e.g. a significant part of Latin America for a start). One also has to have in mind that not everyone who travels is going on a holiday--some of us have to take a plane to go to work too, riots or no riots, war or no war. Then you have people like journalists and others who have to go to unstable places precisely because they have become unstable--how are they supposed to get there? rowboat?

In short, yes it is big and dangerous out there, and a bit of a riot is hardly the end of the world.