PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Average hours to first solo
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2011, 09:05
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pom pom
Far from it ! We often have threads on how long to first solo! That then usually goes into a contest about who went the earliest ! For a new student who may take longer than some of the quoted hours reading those figures could be soul destroying.
There may be many factors often weather related where a student builds up hours to first solo. Pilots have different ability levels or even commitments which means that their first solo takes longer.
So my Humorous piece was not to ridicule but to highlight in a humerous way how unimportant it is whether you take 7 hrs 15 hrs or 20 hrs plus.
You will go solo when you and the weather right it's not a competition or a willy waving exercise.
If you took what was supposed to be a light hearted emphasis as mocking first solo students then you could not be further from the truth that was not the message I intended to get over.
If you went solo in 5 hrs 45 mins then you must be a natural pilot as when I went solo many moons ago I thought I was quick at 8 to 9 hrs.
5 hrs 45 mins is very fast to solo so congratualtions.

Addendum
very accomplished professional pilot
Just take off the very accomplished. I fly bottom of the pile business jets and multi engine pistons and turbines. There are far more accomplished and knowlegable pilots in these forums than me

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 10th Feb 2011 at 10:39.