PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sing Air ponders domestic route
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2002, 14:08
Richard Kranium

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whiskery...you seem angry and that I don't know what I'm talking about ...but I can assure you that there are ex AN drivers with 1000's of hours on 737's and they do not get a look in because they are on "THE LIST!!!" I know of some that became instant Captains but they were the good boys that went back to Ansett after the AFAP lifted the sanctions and said you can go back and get your jobs...I can asure you that NOT ONE exAN driver is with virgin who is on the "THE LIST". I didn't imply that virgin has to employ every exAN driver because he/her lost their job...I just stated the facts....

I have been told straight out by a virgin pilot that no exAN driver on "THE LIST" will be employed by virgin....why would that be Whiskery?...as I have told the story to many people and they are in disbelief of this pathetic bloody minded attitude...the problem is that not everybody agreed with the AFAP and what they were doing in 1989...the AFAP was screwed by Hawke for not joining the accord...at the time the Govt, the public, and companies were against the AFAP...and when there was a move by guys back to work all of the membership had resigned...the courts awarded around 6 mill in damages to the companies...those that did not want go back to work didn't...those that wanted to go to work did......its a free country...and not a dictatorship...no one has the right to ruin their company...if you don't like the heat in the kitchen...then you know what to do...........