PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Britannia
Thread: Britannia
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2001, 19:14
shlittlenellie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Constant Speed DU,

I too work for Britannia and agree with what Chinchaser has been saying. Regarding BAL buying you back from the ATP scheme; I can't see it happening. If you have little or no line experience to go with a 757 type rating, BAL would have no option but to put you through our conversion course from scratch. In this particularly challenging job environment, it is very unlikely that any bond paying would happen. Personally, I think that if another job offer came through from BAL then, in your position, I would happily wave goodbye to my £6k. The only other side of this is that if you got an ATP offer from Monarch then this would definitely be a worthwhile alternative.

For those of you that are swimmers in the pool and are hoping to join as Second Officers; have less fear about having your positions usurped by experienced and type-rated people. BAL continue to look for ways of cutting costs and forgive me for this explanation, Second Officers are a bit cheaper than First Officers and all this adds up at the end of the year.

Don't give up hope. However, the company is waiting to see how bookings pick up in December-February before making a final decision regarding Summer 2002 and beyond.

(edited to add a bit more)

[ 15 November 2001: Message edited by: shlittlenellie ]