PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAA, CTC, CABAIR Which Integrated Course
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2011, 01:08
giggitygiggity

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
@charliefly - To be honest, I don't know if that is a realistic figure or not as I have not started training yet. By my calculations it is, although I am prepared to budget for a type rating at a later stage if the industry deems it necessary. Of course I am hoping that aviation will be in better shape in 2-3 years time when I should have completed my training. Like you, fortunately I can afford to pay for an intergrated course myself without borrowing, so personal risk is limited. I realise it is a lot of money, although I am confident that I am making the right deciscion. The way I see it is that an intergrated course will give me the best opportunities at the end of training, either with a partner airline or without.

With regard to hidden extra's, CTC has provided us a list of things that are included and things that are not. Ryan5252 says that you must pay for exam fees, landing fees, taking a dump fees. Though I am not sure about the last item, according to my contract with CTC these are all included. If you had to resit the ATPLs there may be additional fees, but according to the CTC marketing ATPL exam failure rate is incredibly low so I shouldn't worry too much about that as an extra cost.

You should be concerned about the living expenses as it always ends up costing more than you had planned. However, going back to your original question, I think that £95,000 is a fairly realistic price (if you can avoid paying for a TR), but it is your gamble so don't quote me.