PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DeltaConnection carriers file a petition for one list
Old 20th Jul 2000, 20:51
DeltaConnector

Unhappy

AirBubba,

You appear confused. I never said I wasn't going to, nor able to get hired the old fashioned way. I am saying that when I do, I still plan to make sure that DAL flies all DAL passengers on DAL airplanes with DAL pilots.

As it is now, ASA and Comair are flying DAL passengers on DAL planes with non-DAL pilots(at 1/3 the pay). Anyone with an education can tell you that over the long term this will have the effect of eroding this profession and reducing it to the LCD (Lease Common Denominator).

Over time DAL management (and congress) will erode scope language and soon all or most of the domestic (ASA/Comair fly to Mexico and Canada already) flying may happen under a different seniority list than that of DALPA. All we need is a slow down in the economy and they will approach DALPA with a concession, for moving some MD-88's or 737 to ASA and Comair, in return for some unsaid promise. Or worse yet, scope will be struck down in the courts and we'll see 777's with ASA on the tail at $130/hr. You say never, well management is patient.

You need to get off your high horse, put your ego aside, and look at the big picture.

This nonsense about how hard it was getting the job is silly. I was hired at ASA with 1100 TT/ 300 Multi. Today they are hiring 300TT 50 Multi time from ERAU.... At DAL the medial changes from time to time. I have 20/15 vision, yet I know of several pilots with less TT than my meager 2500 who were hired at DAL with less than 20/20? I know of pilots hired at DAL with little or no PIC time, so much for selective(ness) & so much for the medical?

In the 60's UAL hired pilots off the street, in the 70's many airlines were hiring 1200hr pilots into 727's. UAL has hired women with less than 500 hrs who are now widebody captains.

As for DAL. Like I said before, is who you know and not what you know....as exemplified by my own situation with my friends at DAL writing me letter of rec, with out them my same self would somehow be "unqualified."

Look past your nose, and look at the next 30 years. Because I have more than 30 years in front of me in this profession and I don't wanted it eroded to the LCD.

ONE AIRLINE / ONE LIST.

PS Who do you fly for? Just curious. You know I'm ASA.

[This message has been edited by DeltaConnector (edited 20 July 2000).]