PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 9th Feb 2011, 17:00
jeffg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But it's kind of irrelevant

FH,
Actually what’s irrelevant is your source for the V-22s limits. It’s wrong. If I were to guess you probably got an old copy of NATOPS data on G2mil?
What’s also irrelevant is the misquoting of the FAR 27/29 as you either don’t understand it or you are intentionally trying to mislead people. Specifically you are speaking to 27/29.337. Unfortunately you only mention paragraph (a) and completely leave out paragraph (b) which allows the applicant to certify to less, +2.0 to -0.5 to be specific. Furthermore if you took the time read the ACs for 27/29.337 you would have a better idea of what you were talking about. As I pointed out your stated limits for the V-22 in ‘helicopter mode’ are incorrect and it not only meets the FAA regs but exceeds the capability of most Part 27 and 29 helicopters and is equal to that of most military helicopters.
Here is a link on the subject which relates the FARs to operational reality. http://static.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-260761.html
I won’t even try and compare the V-22 to a part 23 aircraft. As far as the Part 25 comment, again if you read the entire rule and read the ACs you would understand that the positive load limit “may not be less than 2.5 and need not be greater than 3.8” at maximum design takeoff weight. Again the V-22 would be able to meet the standards.
As far as the C-130 all I could find was a +2.0 g (symmetrical) and +1.5g (unsymmetrical) limit. I could be wrong so please correct me if I am. I could not find a negative limit so I can’t speak to that.
What’s even more irrelevant is your entire argument, which is why I asked the questions I did. You know, the ones you avoided answering. By the way answering a question with a question does not constitute an answer, it only highlights the fact that you can’t answer it. Your whole argument is null and void because you have no idea what you are talking about. Anyone can copy and paste a limit from a NATOPS manual or a regulation from the FAR out of contetxt. But as you have proven time after time, that does not mean you understand them. It’s obvious that you have no idea how any aircraft is operated in a military/tactical environment or how one is certified under the FAA or NAVAIR system so please stop acting like you do. As you are I’m a pilot by profession. However I’m not corporate pilot like yourself therefore I would not be so presumptuous as to tell you how to do your job or what aircraft you should use. Why don’t you offer the same courtesy to the military pilots on this board?

Last edited by jeffg; 9th Feb 2011 at 20:18.