PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 9th Feb 2011, 15:30
skyflyer737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may be of no help to anyone going in the sim, but maybe someone could comment and help give future sim assessment candidates a heads-up.

In the pre-sim briefing, my partner and I were expressely told not to speak up if we saw the other guy make a mistake because the trainer wanted to see if the PF would pick up on his mistake first. We were only to speak up as PNF if the mistake was safety related. We questioned this as being contrary to good CRM but the trainer reiterated that if a mistake was made on a SID or heading or inappropriate speed / flap settings etc were being flown, PNF was to keep quiet and not help out. We were even told we'd be marked down for this.

Needless to say, this unsettled us both when PNF and we were afraid to speak up as we would on a normal relaxed line flight in our current jobs.

Both of us were unsuccessful despite decent handling mainly because ( I can only guess) CRM was unnaturally hampered by what we'd been briefed by the trainer.

Any thoughts?