PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAA, CTC, CABAIR Which Integrated Course
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2011, 13:01
giggitygiggity

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think that many may have a chip on their shoulder because they have struggled to find work as some airlines have favored integrated students over the modular guys, this might explain why some forum members brand you stupid without knowing anything about you or your financial situation because they feel downtrodden. The increase in fuel costs has had a big impact on the cost of modular courses whereas CTC's costs have not increased that dramatically, although the number of hours in of real flying has reduced over the years to a minimum.

Some points made by the anti-integrated brigade are good though. They point out that the realistic costs of the course a little higher than the £69k CTC tells you will need to get an frozen ATPL and a job. I would not start the course without £95,000 of finance at your disposal, and say another £25k for a TR if that becomes necessary. But you must make sure that £120k is available, be it through personal wealth or the bank if it is willing to lend to you.

Edited : To make sense, I appear to have lost the ability to write this week

Last edited by giggitygiggity; 10th Feb 2011 at 01:16.