PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2011, 12:47
irishpilot1990

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a long time there has been rumours of guys moving which i failed to see. However now it seems that the first few have left everyone else is waking up. I didnt believe an exodus would start, just a few small irrelavant moves.But this week alone I have seen first hand the exodus really beginning to kick off.

Seems the few DUB FO on the move have 2500+ hours, these are the guys leaving that are going to wake Ryr up.They need every guy for command upgrade they can get in the next 24 months. I know of several guys personally who have A.L, B.A and emirates interviews in the next month.

Had one Captain jumpseat this week, 6 months he has been a Captain and is off now to a cargo company.After 5 years in the company all he got from mangement was "where are you going?" ... followed by "ok grand."
This indicates Ryr are not aware of the number who are gearing up for a move, or that they are ready for it. With aircraft arriving in 2s and 3s from Seattle, Captains going east and senior FO saying no thanks to upgrade courses I can't see how they are ready!(unless they plan on DEC again, and who would go to them when there appears to be options now).