PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Britannia
Thread: Britannia
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2001, 12:32
chinchaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

Ok gang, neck on the line time i suppose.

as part of the recruitment team, the situation as i understand it internally is fairly straight forward, BUT, this is as i understand it, it isn't official, plus things change fast and often the other way to that which we would expect.

with regards to those who have made it through the recruitment process, both stage one and two ( inc the sim). As a team we have spent time and effort to select you and you have passed the standards set, plus the face fits in the brit way. ( sorry to sound like official bumf!!) Its pointless to spend the time to recruit and then bin.Brit is going to crew, Chronologically challenged P1's can't change that, the numbers required will change dependant on what happens fleetwise etc but simply your first in the queue.

FOGHORN. I started in Brit with 400 hrs and a not too disimilar background. Keep current as best you can, doing some flying instruction pays dividends skills wise, just don't try to live on it!! When we look at people on stage one, bar the standard battry of Psycho, math and verbal reasoning, we look at your character. At stage two in the sim is wether you can fly to the standards required by the trainers. People who are on jets have stuffed this, guys like yourself have passed it, personally i used the force and it worked!! ( I think !) In short its worth applying.

Bluebaron. there is no recruitment going on at the moment, type rated or otherwise. the only cross over training that is going on is the guys and girls on the 73 being reroled to the 75.

Constant Speed (?) TIGRO> Sorry to rain on the parade, Whilst command courses are still on going, Hi age work force therefore more retiring captains, if we are going to be 3 hulls down ( not confirmed) then we are due to have excess crew next season for a period.
I would presume that as bookings are currently way down for next season high cost items, ie us, are going to be looked at very carefully. hopefully, as I don't want to spend all of next summer lookind at the moon, recruitment and training will restart, but later rather than sooner I would say is the current bet.

Keep the chins up and don't give up guys and girls. It is not nice being were you currently find yourselves, but when it happens you will look back and say it is all worth it. You have earn't the right to apply, in itself a challenge requiring dedication, The day will come just keep beliving it.

regards

Chinchaser.