PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 9th Feb 2011, 00:17
BoomOpCT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan

Well then I don't understand. If you were a military pilot, then you would know that those warning and bullets that keep getting posted aren't as dramatic is everyone is making them out the be. At all. You would also know that the flight manual alone does not govern how the aircraft can be flown. And you would also understand why MckPave and Ospreyrider can't simply post the excerpts from the flight manuals on a public internet forum just because a bunch of dudes on a forum demand it.

Yet you guys don't seem to comprehend any of this. You continue to quote the same limitation bullets and continue to cry "conspiracy" and "gag order" everytime someone can't publish sensitve information online. Which makes me question the claims of being military a lot.

And again, you don't know if we got what we paid for...because you aren't flying it or seeing in operation. All you have is a bunch of media fed articles and a single flight manual you don't understand. So I understand why you're interested. What I don't understand is why when a pilot of the aircraft, who KNOWS what it can and can't do, and KNOWS what kind of maintance issues it encounters, and has put it to the test in real operations offers you answers...you ignore him, call him a conspirator, and then trust the MEDIA of all things. It boggles my mind.

Saying that these pilots aren't qualified to to answer your questions or understand thier aircraft is like saying a NASCAR driver doesn't know anything about how different cars handle compare to one another. It's crazy talk! If anyone can attest to whether or not Amrica is getting what it paid for, it's the guys putting these things into action. They know first hand if it performing. Period.

As for that article, I cant really respond to that as the link doesnt work and I don't like to respond to a quote out of context.