PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 8th Feb 2011, 21:51
BoomOpCT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan

I have read this thread. I've been reading since it started. It just seems to me that you ask questions or point out flaws (like the lack of combat maveuvering, for example) and then actual pilots of the plane explain what those notes and warnings actually mean...and that explanation just gets disregarded.

Or you take things that are NORMAL warnings/notes in the flight manuals that can be found in other flight manuals of other aircraft and make them suddenely dire fatal flaws when applied to the V-22. It doesn't make sense.

I also think some of the posters on here are REALLY confused on how military regulations and aircraft restrictions actually work. And they attack what the percieve to be limitations of poor engineering without a proper understanding of why certain warnings and notes are in place. Or without understanding that there are MULTIPLE books that govern an aircraft and it's mission. Some of those limitations don't apply in combat scenarios or situations of operational nessisty becuase other publications that govern the mission waive those limitations.