PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 8th Feb 2011, 21:34
mr.zoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How was your assessment day?

Hi all,

I’ve just been through the assessment centre earlier this week. It was an interesting day indeed, especially after almost a year and half wait.

Could those of you that have passed the assessment centre provide some feedback on how you think you went on the day? So that I can have a rough idea of how I went. I was told the result won’t be out for another month so this is the only way to help me to judge my chances.

Here is how I thought I went on the day; of course all post is high level as to not disclose details of the test to those who haven’t been through it yet.

Individual Simulation:
I did OK in the beginning; however towards the end when it got complicated I did went silent for a bit. At no point was I panicking but without realising the option that was available to me to solve the problem it took me a bit longer in the end. So I think I’ve pretty much failed this one.

Diagrammatic Reasoning:
Did anyone actually finished all the questions in this assessment within the given time frame and is confident with their answers? I was concentrating in getting the answers right and in the end only finished just over half of the questions. Whilst I think I got most of the answers right for the questions I did answer, I’m not sure I was fast enough… Another possible fail.

Interview:
I think I did OK with this one, the interviewer was having trouble keeping up with me trying to take notes.

Group Activity:
Nothing special here, did participate where I could, but I suppose only they knew what they were looking for.

Spatial Test:
Bit tricky, I know I've got few wrong answers or were too slow to answer.

Individual Briefing:
My presentation skill isn't very strong, infact it's piss weak, I was quite nervous so I doubt I did well with this one.

I’d really appreciate any feedback on how you think you went on the day and whether you’ve passed or not. Thanks for your input!

Cheers