PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Safety in PNG
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2011, 20:13
Waghi Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviation Safety in PNG

I have noticed over the past few weeks that the weather in PNG is also changing. I fully understand it's the wet season,however some of the conditions I have observed recently have been the worst I have ever seen.

I just ask pilots to be more vigilant as to the way they operate,as you won't get any help from anyone on the ground. I get the impression that ATC and FS have no idea of the problems that adverse weather gives pilots.

The other issue in Port Moresby now is that both ILSs are being replaced one at a time,nice time to completely withdraw an ILS (Right in the middle of the wet season).

Also given the growth of the increased air traffic around the country,try and be more situational aware of who else is flying in your area. Every day I fly I recon I could file at least 2 incident reports on not having been given traffic information,especially OCTA. The reason why I don't file the reports is that I never get a response from CAA.

The way I see it,I don't get a lot of support from anyone on the ground up here,and in some cases some people on the ground have set me up for a major disaster. What I'm saying here is don't let your guard down for no one,especially in regard to comercial pressures.

Fly safe !

Last edited by Waghi Warrior; 8th Feb 2011 at 20:31. Reason: Typo error