PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Competition and Consumer Commission states the bleeding obvoius
Old 8th Feb 2011, 17:35
ampclamp

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Let me start by saying I hate Sydney airport.
Hopeless public transport aided and abetted by a useless NSW govt propping up a failed business.
Buses removed to prop up the taxi trade and oh yes the surcharge sacl charges the taxis.A connection you may ask?
The useless place called a domestic terminal is clogged with taxis and limo drivers who have another rule book altogether when it comes to driving and parking. The airport loop is one of Sydney's worst traffic snarls with a newly added set of lights to "sort things out". The approach roads would be better suited in some sparsely populated regional town.
It is almost impossible to access by foot lest you escape the clutches of the car park money grab.
Car parking for those unfortunates who are forced to drive due to the disgustingly expensive train "service" is overcrowded and hampered by having to get there via the dreaded loop , overcrowded narrow suburban streets and Australia's longest underground car park called the M5 tunnel.What an unmitigated disaster that $#!@ fight is.

All that before you actually get into the terminal or catch a flight.

I do not know why workers need to have a Cat 2 licence to drive on the hallowed airport roadways.Surely a nsw drivers licence is enough?
Actually it is, but you need to skim the fees for computer testing and the obligatory driving test every 2 years.
Has driving improved since testing and licensing commenced? Nah but someone is cashing in!
The place is too small, poorly located, poorly serviced and very expensive . !!