PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DeltaConnection carriers file a petition for one list
Old 20th Jul 2000, 19:32
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

>>That is exactly what I am doing, if you look at my post again, you will note that I don't enjoy the idea of going in the back door, especially at a DAL pilot's expense. I would be satisfied with a staple job, which would benefit all parties.<<

You are asking DAL to hire you without the interview, physical and the rest of the dog and pony show required of the thousands of other applicants. Your imaginary "staple job" would give away the seniority of thousands of Delta pilots hired legitimately in the future. Delta has learned bitter lessons about the "I got mine, pull the ladder up, it doesn't affect me" attitude from the B-scale and the furlough. Once your staple job is done, your or your colleagues will sue to get your commuter date of hire at DAL, it's been done before, regular as clockwork.

>>As for not meeting the lowered standards, those are a sliding scale, and have more to do with "who you know" that "what you know." I know this since I have 3 senior Captain writing me a letter just so I can meet those standards, which misteriously move from year to year.<<

If you're so sure you meet the standards, get an interview, get hired and staple yourself to the bottom of the DAL list like everyone else instead of demanding a handout...