PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Air Hong Kong situation
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2011, 13:03
FR8R H8R

Location: I don't really hate them...I just miss flight attendants.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

A few points if I may.

First of all, the AHK new joiners or wannabes are pretty obvious. Yes, ted and booble, that would be you. Not exactly a beehive you want to poke your carrot into at the moment but thanks for the input.

Next, why can't pilot's (sic) ever figure out how to use an apostrophe? It's pilots. Not pilot's. Sad. (Grammar police have been notified).

The CX "spokeswoman" spewed the standard drivel. Upgrades for all and rapidly expanding yadda yadda blah blah blah. I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

Now, on to the AHK thing. Of course CX is looking for a way to save themselves $$. That's not a shock. Every company in the industry is looking for a regional, a LCC or some other avenue of outsourcing work to save a buck or two. Europe, Oz, USA, take your pick. It's been done before and will continue to do so.

Whether or not AHK takes over CX freight remains to be seen. Who actually knows the percentage of DHL on the wet lease flights to and fro SIN? That would give an idea if there will be a plan to fill the 744 with CX cargo or if it's legitimately DHL business inside.

Hard to say whether the trainers will have a short or long cattle prod during the AHK training. (BTW, when does this training begin?) It would be nice if they could hold personal feelings out of the equation but we all know that human beings have a difficult time doing that. Good luck to the first batch of AHK Boeing recruits.

With 4x744, what will happen to the A300s? (Please note: no apostrophe required here) Will they be spares? New destinations? Take over CX cargo from lightly-loaded destinations? Where will the 744 operate (besides SIN)?

How will the AOA handle this battle? Is it really worth a huge ****storm for 4 horrid, noisy, beat-to-death airframes? Maybe. Why not the stink about the Air China operation? Because it's not on the same ramp? How did Lufthansa pilots fare after their showdown over Jade? I'll have to look that up but it couldn't have gone too well considering they're part of Aero Logic now too.

Time will tell how this plays out. Until a yellow 744 shows up in CLK, it's difficult to get all the panties bunched up.

To all a good night.