PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Britannia
Thread: Britannia
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2001, 02:46
starship

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Hi again everyone..

Don't know what everyone has been told, however this is the state of play as far as I can see it.

Courses which had been filled, ie October and November are to be kept in a holding pool for the forseeable future, pending the outcome of the present situation.

The company do not have any idea at present what the timescale is to the re- establishment of training, however should the situation change at all, then we will be contacted.

Should training be re-established within a reasonable timescale then a returning interview and possibly a sim check again is what may be in order, this however can not be confirmed yet.

The best advice, as stated by BAL is to keep in touch with HR and to gather information amongst us all as and when it comes to fruition.

The only good thing is that BAL is still short of crews, and that can only mean that recruitment would start again at the earliest convenience once a clearer picture of the current situation is gained. The crews that are on the line are being taken care of as far as I can see, which can only spell good things once we finally get into that RHS.

Retirements are here too.

I feel that the present situation, as said before will be a temporary setback and that courses will be offered in the future.

If we all look at it positively...at least we may have that chance. Those guys who have not got into a holding pool so far may have
longer to wait. I hope that everyone finds success in these difficult times, and that we will all be on our type course in the not too distant future.

MAX, if you did go for the Citation job, all the best to you...if it did not work out for you...hope we all see you with Brit soon.

Keep in touch,

cheers,

starship

[ 30 September 2001: Message edited by: starship ]