PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C310 Down in the TIWI's
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2011, 23:52
43Inches

Received 417 Likes on 230 Posts
Why did you bold the Take off performance (b)? (your bolding not mine) This is a requirement for ALL engines operating and doesnt corelate with your arguement at all. Only shows how little you understand of these requirements
The bolding highlights climb performance requirements, i'm not arguing single or multi, though some twins may actually struggle to meet the 6% requirement high weight with gear down at TOSS at ISA +20 in low density conditions (tropics). The chieftain does not have a chart for this either and extrapolating from the take-off over a 50ft barrier the aircraft climbs between 4.5-5.5% from lift off to the barrier at max weight at high temps..

And on that note please point me to the chart and performace calculations for "reducing" payload to ensure compliance with aircraft age and ISA changes to comply with 1%. My AFM seems to be missing this chapter...
Where are the factors for grass, wet surface etc in a chieftain manual?

There are standard factors for these available but they are very general in nature.

You are proving your lack of understanding in that the 1% requirement is only required to be calculated in ISA. It does not need to be checked for each flight, that is the MTOW limited aircraft will have the same limit at any temperature/density.

The reg you are quoting 43inches is for both engines operating, and being able to comply with a SID climb gradient for instance.
What are you on about? The CAO is in regard to any aeroplane below 5700kg enganged in private, charter or airwork operations, excluding agricultural. It is the minimum performance the aircraft must have in order to conduct the operation and is not related to any procedure such as a SID etc. SIDs have a design gradient of 3.3% or higher and do not take into acount engine failure in any aircraft.

Here is subsections 7 & 8 for your benefit;

7 TAKE-OFF CLIMB PERFORMANCE
7.1 In the take-off configuration with landing gear extended, an aeroplane must have the ability to achieve a climb gradient of 6% at take-off safety speed, without ground effect, and with all engines operating at take-off power.

8 EN-ROUTE CLIMB PERFORMANCE
8.1 Multi-engined aeroplanes engaged in charter operations under the Instrument Flight Rules or aerial work operations under the Instrument Flight Rules must have the ability to climb with a critical engine inoperative at a gradient of 1% at all heights up to 5 000 feet in the standard atmosphere in the following configuration:

(a) propeller of inoperative engine stopped;
(b) undercarriage (if retractable) and flaps retracted;

Last edited by 43Inches; 8th Feb 2011 at 00:16.