PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2011, 23:05
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh i've opened a can of worms here. Perhaps I wasn't clear but whilst other airports see increases in aircraft, the focused growth in the UK is MAN and the fortress that is LGW. Some bases will also be receiving an increase in aircraft that happens every Summer which isn't true expansion in my book. Most bases recruit new crew in the spring regardless of expansion and this is usually to cover natural attrition.

I am very shocked to see the paranoia from our friends at the end of the M62. Such paranoia could have been forgiven 2 or 3 years ago but I think it's clear, and those of you truly in the know will agree, that LPL isn't going anywhere. Atleast for the foreseeable future and probably for the duration. The networks out of each airport tends to compliment each other with MLA, AMS, ALC, AGP, PMI, GVA all big enough markets to serve both airports or it's a strategic decision. Indeed, the fact that strategic decisions to protect LPL have been made (i.e the launch of LPL-MLA) is good basis to feel reassured. As is the lack of uncertainty felt by staff which is always a good indication.

In time MAN will, IMO, become the larger base but LPL will play it's part....doing what it does well.