PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety culture in GA.
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2011, 22:20
SpyderPig

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
I may be speaking out of place here having not worked in GA yet, but having worked in construction and in my current role we have company OH&S managers. They are ground level workers who just have an extra role in reporting any OH&S issues. If I have a problem with something, I tell them, they advise me on wether to continue with it or not and then take it to managment to have the problem resolved. They then keep me updated on any progress or results. I've been on a job site where it was tools down for 2 days untill a water/electical issue was resolved.

I dont know how/if this could work in GA. Could someone who is not a managment pilot(I know in GA there is usually only the CP) be an OH&S rep for the pilots? Who would be willing to take the role, knowing that it will prob put you in the s#% with the boss? But at the end of the day you could save a work mates life!

I guess this also brings about the chance of that person using it and being willing to bend the rules in order to look good or get ahead. The cycle continues.......

In a perfect world eh?