PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C310 Down in the TIWI's
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2011, 22:03
Kulwin Park

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Quote:
Im sorry Kulwin Park but what is the climb performance in your fully loaded ME aircraft engaged in IFR Charter?

As no weight is specified it means at any weight the minimun is 1% and please take note of the word MUST. If it cant do it, its not legal. Enough said.
Sounds to me like you are trying to imply that it is legislated that is should climb, therefore it should.
Green Goblin said.

As to far above, Yes I meant Charter instead of Mission. Also I will apologise, as I did find an article later on a news site browsing through that the pilot had dropped off passengers, and was flying away empty. I made an implication that the pilot could have been on a fully fuelled and loaded charter, being max weight. This does happen all over Australia, so my comment was meant to be general, not specific to this incident we talk about here.

The old police 310's up north used to be an example of fully fuelled, max POB, and fly off into distance, all very well trained and cultured to conditions and environment, but if something had gone wrong, then similar situation may have arisen to accident. It's not different to anywhere else in the world, accidents happen unexplained, until investigated to cause by local officials.

I was just implying initially (or thinking in my head really) that we are trying to get away with more, still using older aircraft, pushed to their max limits their whole life. In the above case, maybe it was nothing to do with age of aircraft, just something went wrong, with fireball reported on aircraft prior to it connecting with the ground.