PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C310 Down in the TIWI's
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2011, 21:44
The Green Goblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im sorry Kulwin Park but what is the climb performance in your fully loaded ME aircraft engaged in IFR Charter?

As no weight is specified it means at any weight the minimun is 1% and please take note of the word MUST. If it cant do it, its not legal. Enough said.
Sounds to me like you are trying to imply that it is legislated that is should climb, therefore it should.

Titan: What I am implying is that whatever the conditions are... If crunching the numbers gives a Density Altitude 5000' or lower and the aircraft can't make 1% Climb at a given TOW then YES, it is illegal.
I think you will find, that in ISA (below a 5000 pressure height), the charts will always suggest a positive rate of climb at max weight. After all, that is the certification requirement.

So many young guys and gals flog around in twins these days with not the slightest respect for the regs which are put there to protect them.
You are there to protect you and your passengers. Once it all goes pear shaped - you can act in any means necessary to save your aeroplane and passengers. The only thing the regs will be good for at this point, is being thrown overboard to save a bit of weight!

Goblin. Judging by your post count its clear that you are likely be the m/e instructor with more time to troll pprune than actually get out and fly. However I am not going to judge you on your pprune merit as that would be foolish indeed. You clearly have not read any of my posts with much attention as at no time did I say 1% would keep you out of the trees.

Now run along back into the woods where you can from and stop scaring the children.
You're starting to clutch at straws mate, and by the PMs I have received, many others feel the same.

As for my history, I don't even need to justify it. Most on here know.