PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas~ A Business in Decline
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2011, 19:08
Ultergra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't believe that any Australian pilot out there would enjoy seeing any Australian company being put out of buisness by any other foreign company.
We already have Lakemba in Australia, we don't need now our airlines to become affected. They have pockets much deeper than ours, that doesn't mean we shouldn't compete, it means we need to compete harder.

I don't care if you work for Virgin, Rex, British Airways, Qantas, Air New Zealand, SIA... The 'home brand' should be the one getting the assistance. If Joyce has realised he's f*&ked up and it asking for government support then fair enough. He had his chances, realised his mistake and is trying to make a mends. That doesn't mean you go kicking him while hes down. You don't go around giving away more seats into and out of Aus because the CEO made a mistake, what, to teach him a lesson? To put Aussies out of work? The problem is foreign carriers can pay up for slots. And I get that, but it's not Australians doing the flying (sometimes it might be, but not always.)
Virgin are tied up with Etihad, no drama, but I just dont want to see an all foreign airline, in their colours, flying their flags, operating in and around Australia more than there already is. Protect our jobs, like they do. I'd rather see Virgin gain success in Australia and become a large full scale airline than some other crappy brown and light brown coloured aircraft flying around.