PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mach-Number to Airspeed Conversion Above 65,000 Feet
Old 7th Feb 2011, 18:36
Jane-DoH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PBL

Used, Jane? I didn't need to use either.
What units do you use? I'm not just asking this stuff to be difficult

This looks to me very much as if you performed a keyword search on my reply. I grant you, the word "pressure" was in there.
The two units of pressure I could readily think of was PSI and pascals.

So you think "calculus" is plural. Could be.....
No. I said that my calculus skills were rusty -- skills are plural.

Well, I think that clinches it for me. I thought I'd be able to get you if it were true, but it turns out you got yourself. You have done very, very well so far. You ask great questions, and it is a lot of fun thinking of the answers. Considering you are only a few years old, you are doing pretty well.
My knowledge of the greek alphabet is limited because, I'm not fluent in Greek. Yes, some greek characters are covered in math class, but it's been quite awhile since I've taken a math-course.

I can tell you an alpha looks like an "a" drawn as if you were trying to make it look like a fish; beta as if it were a "B" drawn in some kind of calligraphy; a gamma looks like a "y"; a delta like a triangle; an epsilon like a curvy "E";

I know alpha looks like a fish, beta looks like a really fancy B, I can tell you that gamma looks like a y, Delta looks like a triangle, Epsilon like an "E"; a sigma like a jagged "E"; a Pi looks kind of like two "T's put together with the horizontal line up top kind of curvy; a chi like an "x
; a Mu like a backwards "u" with a curvy tail; an Omega looks kind of like two legs with a loop drawn to connect them.

That does cover a number of the characters, but I don't remember what a "rho" looked like and a number of the other greek characters.