PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 206 - Common errors, performance, handling & C of G characteristics...
Old 7th Feb 2011, 18:06
EN48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are starting using your method, and for some reason you do get a flame out,
So far I have never had a flame out using this method. If I did, I would close the throttle, continue holding the starter engaged until TOT below 150 (its not actually likely to get above 150 before a flame out occurs since you open the throttle a bit more to prevent a flame out), rest for a minute, and repeat the start process. I would not open the throttle to or beyond the idle stop until both temp peaks have occured and N1 is stable at around 58% - after all, this method is intended to help deal with hot starts and these are most likely to occur in the part of the start where the temp is peaking. Then I open the throttle to about 70% N1 to assure that I am past the idle stop, and then roll it back to the stop. Let me be quick to add that this is all in reference to the C20W in an E480 - things may be different on the 206.