PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2011, 14:47
Adrian Cronauer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soundbarrier,

I agree parts of Africa(VN) are way behind, Libya(HAN) being one of them.

The problem is, everything is behind including their CAA(V). This means that the airlines are doing whatever they want - as another poster has stated the airline in question has had pilots failed by Expat TRI/TRE only to find out the decision has been reversed by a "local TRE" at the behest of the company.

The end result is that you have people who dont know what they are doing, flying in an environment that sets them up to fail, in an airline that only brings out the books and SMS system when overseas inspections are taking place.

You have brand new Airbus aircraft being operated in, what amounts to no more than a cowboy bush operation - sadly that a newly painted and shiny jet fools many people into thinking that this is a safe "European type operation". It is not... far from it.

Until the larger picture in Libya (VN) changes, put that Libyan (VN) pride aside and put the best people in the flight deck - irrespective of their nationality.

On the ground get good people that actually know the aircraft and want to work... people who bother to take their tools to SA and not just sit there for weeks on end collecting the money and not looking after the aircraft.

People who know how to change a wheel... and not try and say its fine to fly the aircraft with huge cuts running through the sidewall... people who will not try and tell a native English speaker the MEL says something else and it is ok to fly... when it quite clearly is not.

I know there are many problems in Africa (VN) I have seen them first hand... but this is NO excuse for a loss of life... It may or may not have played a part in this accident.

However it has in many others and left unchecked will continue to do so... So please don't use "this is Africa (VN)" as an excuse it just wont wash with me.

PT6A

Last edited by Adrian Cronauer; 20th Feb 2011 at 00:53.