PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Feelin' Hot Hot Hot
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2011, 12:20
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Hi Manchikeri, welcome to our 'cabin' where the temperature can vary from Hot to Chilly!

The problem with a thermometer is that it will tell you what the air temperature IS not how a person PERCEIVES it to be.

Example 1: Attending a swimming club every week, we were constantly complaining that the water was colder than advertised. We bought a check thermometer and found that the displayed temp was correct, every week, to within 1 degree C. It was our perception. It was how warm was the air in the changing room, it was how cold it was outside the building, that changed our perception of the water temp.

Example 2: One of my housemates finds any temperature above 22C to be hot and 25C makes him feel physically ill. He wears a t-shirt and open sandles in the winter and feels happy. I am the reverse and keep my rooms of the house as hot as I can. If there were one heating regulator for the whole house - we could not share the place.

Modern airliners have multiple heating zones but each may contain 50+ pax. Perhaps read the post from TightSlot, who is our forum moderator and has been cabin crew for some years, currently on long haul, and knows of what he speaks.