PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Single Engine TOGA Selection
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2011, 11:51
flyer146

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello John,

You describe the logic I wrote above. Difference between TO phase and CLIMB phase of fmgs.
Indeed it has all to do with fmgs phase but you also need + other conditions as described above !
For example you need the conf at or above 1. In fact the flap LEVER must be at or above 1 position, the system doesn't look at real pos of flaps.

I understand what you mean, but in fact only during a very short period before the flap lever being moved to 0 in clb phase could you be into a "surprising" mode if you would select TOGA. Seldom requirement but it could happen.
After that flap retraction phase, TOGA will not trigger go around phase.

It certainly is not IDEAL and that is what you underline, but as with all softwares, there is certainly a balance between IDEAL and costs + possible other interactions we don't even think about in other phases... Don't forget also that it must be build "fail-safe" and that is where this kind of "easy" logic programming may play a role. Who knows ? (airbus engineering/test pilots do certainly know why...).

The phase you describe is less "critical" and give you normally more room to react. FMA check will attract your attention and if it's not what you need, why just not disconnect the A/P-F/D-A/THR and fly conventional ? I recognize we should be more trained for these possible events... costs...costs....

See u,

Flyer146