PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 206 - Common errors, performance, handling & C of G characteristics...
Old 7th Feb 2011, 11:30
206 jock

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Whatever else you do, don't ignore the strange knocking noise coming from the back. It's where your passengers who departed rotors running left the seatbelts outside of the aircraft and the buckle is now beating hell out your paintwork....a quick glance at the paintwork behind the rear door of a few Jetties will demonstrate that I am not alone in having fallen into this little trap!

Always use a checklist on start. Even if you have started them a gazillion times before, you'll regret not doing it one day. I learned this when jumping into another machine (not my own), went to start all went well, until after a few seconds the turbine wound down. Turned out that the fuel valve was turned off. I know you should, but do we all? No

Question for other pilots of 206's: external fuel drain under the belly. Do you do this check/water drain on every flights, every day or every so often? I only ask as on my last Jettie, the drain had a tendency not to seal properly after each check, so I would do it 'occasionally'. That habit has transferred to my current machine. The walkround checklist lists it as a daily check...