PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enough With The Scab Rehetoric!!
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2002, 04:09
Eric Zoolander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hand Solo - sorry about that but you need to clearly state your point to avoid confusing ...

Munchkin

“They earn the most money and some are on wife No 4 etc etc”,

That’s funny - A wise old Continental B777 Captain once explained it to me - that for every 100k - most pilots would get another wife. I guess that explains why I’m still with the first one…lol. Never earned that many Benjamin’s.

And:

“Would you believe CX management see this as a weakness and will use it against you?” …. Yes.
Read “Confessions of a Strike Breaker” (might be on VHS) or the expression Divide and Concur.

I think this thread is achieving the objective – misuse of nomenclature and all the earlier Rancor that went with it.

I think we can agree that it is universally accepted that if a “Replacement worker cross a picket line to do your work” he is a scab.

Where we beg to differ is the question - Are new hires, replacement workers for those that were fired? Is this ban tactic working or morally justifiable?

Early 2002/2003 CX Hiring is for Cargo. How many were fired from USAB/VETA positions? (Devil’s advocate here) … well I suppose one could view them as replacement in an evolutionary sense, because of upgrades and lateral transfers and such.
Soooooo.... the moral aspect of the virtual strike appears questionable re: All for us and none for you unemployed.

Now the tone is of warning and fore boding of things to come … hey if you got irreconcilable differences / issues perhaps a divorce is in order. In other words if it sucks so bad I’ll trade you the Home Depot Apron, or failing that grab yer self a spot on the EK interview list.
Remember it is always easier to find work when you are working. (Leper's syndrome or something)

Ah …but it is not that easy to heed ones own advice is it?

So here is a novel approach - do the unexpected - wrt to the new tactical plot:

1. Cancel the Ban (company views this as industrial action) as a peace offering to jumpstart the dialogue.

2. Recruiting drive to achieve a recorded 80-90 % support for drastic action – Strike in 6 months or so and draw the line in the sand.

So that this thing doesn’t turn into a complete fractured and unsalvageable debacle. (Even the Brits change tactics in WWI after they started figuring out that was trench warfare attrition was devastating.)

Lead me and I will follow, but if you black ball me you will never get my support.

It is a two way Street the AOA is going to need the support of the 230 or so planned new hires as much as the new hires will need a well led Union that looks out for their interests.

But we all know that now don’t we .... Any more clichés?