PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 206 - Common errors, performance, handling & C of G characteristics...
Old 7th Feb 2011, 10:57
Aucky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pardon the silly question (I prefer to ask and look inexperienced than not ask and look stupid ), but by 'Light out' do you mean 'Engine off' light out? i.e. N1 > 55%? I have only started the 206 10/11 times and not heard that expression mentioned before... nor does the manual mention 'Light out' anywhere in the start checks, and in the engine start video's shown on youtube, many don't have any light's 'on' - to go out during the start (perhaps they've pulled the caution light breaker for start if no audio mute button installed, to prevent constant beep on start?)

EN48 - If you are starting using your method, and for some reason you do get a flame out, I assume the safe procedure would be to cool her down, rest it for 1 min and go again? (as opposed to keeping her motoring until TOT<150 and open up the fuel again?). I guess the 40sec Batt / 25sec GPU starter limitation, as well as a recommendation of introducing fuel at 12-15% N1 and not above, would indicate that it's necessary to rest her, and start again..

Gomer -
In the L, the left boost pump is almost always pulled on the ground, because if the fuel valve is on, the boost pump is running, even with the battery off
I know you are referring to the L models as opposed to the A/B but out of interest why in that case only pull the Left Boost Pump breaker? Is the Right boost pump turned off with the battery? Also is the logic here that in an electrical fire etc where you would turn the battery off, some fuel boost pressure would remain?